The redesign from a QJ340 to a QJ341 follows the enforcement of the combustion engine exhaust gas legislation in Europe and the USA in January 2011. The legislation sees the introduction of the new Stage 3B/Tier 4i engines. The dimensions of the engine-combined after-treatment unit brought about the need for design changes to the power pack. Faced with this design challenge, Sandvik took the opportunity to provide customers with value adding products.
The QJ341 carries all the features that made its predecessor so popular, such as the 1200mm x 750mm feed opening, hydraulically adjustable CSS, high reduction ratios and crushing speed, productivity, reverse crushing action to relieve blockages and automatic central lubrication system.
Additionally, the QJ341?s new features ensure continuous, uninterrupted crushing and greater operator safety, such as the load control system for the feeder drive, level sensor fitted to the jaw and speed wheel fitted to the main conveyor. The customer will also benefit from lower running costs and a more environmentally friendly machine, with a lower carbon footprint.
The QJ341 features the following operational upgrades:
- A choice of Stage 3A/Tier 3 or Stage 3B/Tier 4i engines.
- A user-friendly PLC control system and colour screen allowing visual data output.
- A 50?C ambient temperature capability without the need for a change of oil.
- A level sensor fitted to the jaw inlet to optimise feed rate into the crusher.
- An improved load control system for the feeder drive to ensure continuous, uninterrupted crushing.
- A speed wheel fitted to the main conveyor to stop the feeder, avoiding the need to dig out a heavily loaded conveyor.
- Proportional control for machine tracking.
- A new hydraulic and electrical control system for greater efficiency.
- A hydraulically driven cooling fan with auto reverse to back flush dust from the radiator.
With these new enhanced features, combined with Sandvik?s quality, productivity and reliability, the QJ341 mobile jaw crusher is designed to become a market leader.
Source: Sandvik Mining & Construction